Disclaimer

The contents of this blog are written solely by me. The ideas presented here are mine alone and do not represent the views of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

On Packing for 2 Years


At 12:41 AM on Jan 11th, 2010 I finally finished packing for my trip.  I would put up pictures but I tore the house apart looking for bits and pieces of my past to take with me.  A lot of people have asked me what you take with you when you leave for that long so here is a short list:

-jeans, shorts and slacks
-various dress shirts and work clothes
-shoes for running, hiking, working and sandals
-t-shirts
-rain coat and poncho
-boxers and what not
-lots of socks
-hat, bandana
-towels and bed sheets
-swiss army knife
-hiking back pack
-sunglasses
-forms of entertainment (books, mp3 players, cd’s…)
-sturdy water bottle
-first aid kit
-pictures and other things to take a piece of home with you

I promise posts in the future with include pictures to spice things up.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Nishant,
    Glad that you reached safely and started your work. Please keep in touch and let's know if there is any phone to reach you.
    Good luck!
    - Shashi

    ReplyDelete